Best Online Casinos
1. Sol Casino
Free Sign-Up Bonus: 60 Free Spins ( Free Sign-Up Bonus Link )
First Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €/$ 500 ( Registration Link )
2. Fresh Casino
Free Sign-Up Bonus: 60 Free Spins ( Free Sign-Up Bonus Link )
First Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €/$ 200 ( Registration Link )
3. Jet Casino
Free Sign-Up Bonus: 70 Free Spins ( Free Sign-Up Bonus Link )
First Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €/$ 500 ( Registration Link )
PayPal Casino & Online Casinos
Recognising the tremendous growth of casinos that accept PayPal, we’ve updated this guide for ease of use. As more and more people jump into playing at online casinos which accept PayPal, there is a need for a clear and succinct guide as to how you can join in the fun. We’ve also edited other sections for accuracy and length. This guide is now as good as ever!
PayPal is one of the oldest and most widely used electronic payment systems in the world.
The gambling sector embraced the lure of PayPal quite some time ago and in the modern-day, casinos that accept PayPal are commonplace.
In this comprehensive guide, we will cover everything you need to know about using PayPal at online casinos including:
- Advantages of PayPal casine
- Disadvantages of PayPal
- Tips on how to find good casino sites which offer PayPal
- How to become a registered PayPal user
- How to make deposits and withdrawals with PayPal
Content of this article
PayPal Key Facts
- Founded in December 1998
- Originally named as Confinity
- Merged with eBay in 2002
- Became an independent brand once more in 2015
- 244 million registered accounts worldwide
- 20 million UK shoppers use PayPal annually
- 7 million businesses around the world offer PayPal payments
- PayPal is used in more than 200 countries
- PayPal supports 25 currencies
PayPal have been in operation since December 1998. PayPal’s association with Ebay from 2002 – 2014 was key in its growth and helped it to become the internet service giant it is today.
The number of PayPal registered users swelled during this period and soon enough, PayPal began to take on a life of its own. Today, its popularity is stronger than ever.
The Might of PayPal
PayPal’s reach stretches throughout numerous industries and sectors and it is used in more than 200 countries, supporting 25 currencies. You can use PayPal to buy products online, send money between individual PayPal accounts and collect money in one space among a group of people.
PayPal can also function as a business account, whether you are just selling a few products or running a multinational business. It is often the preferred choice for online shoppers owing to its ease and simplicity.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using PayPal
So, let’s go into a bit more detail about using PayPal at casinos.
Is an online casino offering PayPal worth it? As with any method, there are advantages and disadvantages. In our opinion, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages when using PayPal, and we suspect you will agree.
- Speed and simplicity. PayPal transactions can be processed in no time at all. You just need to log-in to your PayPal and confirm the amount to complete a transaction. Also, your deposit money should be in your casino balance immediately.
- Quick withdrawals. PayPal withdrawals are among the quickest of all withdrawal methods. Your money should be in your PayPal within 24 hours. However, do note that withdrawals to the bank account associated with your account may take up to 5 days.
- PayPal buyer’s protection. Should anything untoward happen with your transaction, just get in touch with PayPal’ customer service team to get a full refund through the PayPal buyer’s protection.
- Plenty of security. PayPal is a long player in the online shopping game and probably the most secure method there is. PayPal transactions are encrypted and embedded with top-rate security
- PayPal customer support. PayPal provides excellent customer service. If you encounter any problems with depositing and withdrawing, the friendly staff at PayPal will be happy to help and will invariably address the problem swiftly
PayPal Money Management
The money management benefits from using an online casino which offers PayPal are worth a special mention. If you have a fixed gambling budget, PayPal is arguably the best way to ensure you stick to this.
You can easily see how much you’ve deposited at casinos by logging in to your PayPal. The clear breakdown of your outgoing payments will allow you to keep on top of your payments and decide how much you can reasonably afford to deposit.
- Some casinos do not provide the PayPal option. Although there are plenty of casinos which do offer PayPal, there are, of course, a number who don’t. In fact, it appears that some casinos are favouring other e-wallets such as Neteller and Skrill over PayPal in the modern-day
- Sometimes PayPal is not accepted in bonuses and promotions. If a deposit needs to be made to receive a bonus or promotion, unfortunately, PayPal is often excluded as deposit method. Needless to say, it always pays to read the small print with any bonus
- Currency conversions will incur fees
PayPal Account Set Up
Want to make a deposit at a PayPal casino? Well, first thing that you’ll need to do is, of course, set up a PayPal account and you can do this by visiting PayPal’s official website.
- Go to paypal.com
- From the homepage select ‘Sign-Up’, which is found in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Select ‘Personal Account’
- Next, some basic details – your country of residence and full name
- Fill in an email address you want to register and associate with your account, before choosing a password
- Fill in your full address, mobile number and your date of birth
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Get Started’
- Enter full details of the card you wish to register with your PayPal
- That’s it. Welcome to PayPal!
Note that you may need to confirm that the bank account you linked to your PayPal is yours by completing a simple test or verification procedure.
PayPal Casino Online
So, you’ve got yourself a PayPal account. Now what? Find yourself a decent online casino to play at – that’s what.
There are huge numbers of PayPal sites in the market and, unfortunately, there will be some who do not engage in good practices. So, here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine whether an online casino is a good and trustworthy one:
- Are there games from reputable developers at the casino? Generally, if it features casino games from trusted developers such as Microgaming or NetEnt, it’s a good sign
- Does it have good reviews? If it does, chances are you will have a good experience playing there. You should already know the answer if the casino has a plethora of negative reviews – stay away.
- Is the support section clearly located? If the support options are very difficult to locate, this is a warning sign. A casino engaging in questionable practice is likely to make support options vague, or even non-existent.
- Can you find a gambling licence listed? If there is no sign of any gambling licence, look elsewhere. The casino is involved in illegal activity if they are not licenced to provide gambling.
- Are there a few possible depositing methods? The vast majority of casinos nowadays offer at least one method other than standard card payments. Is there a pay by phone option, or other e-wallet options, for example?
- Does the casino look and feel professional? Is the casino a very basic design? Is there conflicting information? Does the casino feel outdated or messy?
- Is the casino operated by a larger company? A casino which runs on reputable software or operates by a trusted company is usually one you can trust. Of course, that doesn’t mean that any casino which isn’t part of a larger one is untrustworthy!
How to Spot Casinos with PayPal
The easiest way to establish whether a casino is a PayPal outfit or not is to head to the homepage and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Here, you should see a display of logos. If you see the PayPal logo, this is a casino which accepts PayPal payment methods. Otherwise, you can select the banking/deposit page and search for a PayPal option there.
If you are still not quite sure, you could always have a chat with the casino’s support team who should be able to give you an immediate answer.
Games at PayPal Online Casinos
If a casino offers PayPal, you should be able to play the vast majority of the games at this casino, if not all of them, with a PayPal deposit.
This goes for all categories of casino games including online slots, casino table games, jackpot games, instant win games and the live casino.
Ultimately, you needn’t worry whether your PayPal deposit will be eligible at a casino which accepts the PayPal payment method.
PayPal Online Payment
Now that you have your PayPal up and running and have found your mobile casino of choice, it’s time for you to do what we’ve been talking about all along – make a casino deposit with PayPal.
The good news here is that this is probably the easiest process of the lot, as PayPal deposits take only a few minutes.
- Head to the banking section of your chosen casino and select PayPal from the options you’ll be presented with
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit. This is entirely up to you, and the good news is that, because the deposit limits on PayPal are so high, you can pretty much deposit whatever you like
- Log-in to your PayPal with your usual email address and password and confirm the transaction
- Your payment should be completed immediately, and your deposit will be sitting in your casino balance
- Time to start playing
Withdrawing to your account is a similar, simple process. The process is largely the same as the steps outlined above.
- Head to the banking page at the casino
- Choose how much you wish to withdraw
- Select the withdrawal method. PayPal should be an option but if it isn’t again, speak with the casino’s support to establish how to withdraw with PayPal
- Sign-in to your account if prompted
- Click to confirm the withdrawal
Fees for PayPal Payment Methods
In most circumstances, it won’t cost you a penny to make a PayPal deposit. Contrarily, many other e-wallets (such as Neteller or Skrill), often charge fees for depositing at online casinos.
However, it is worth noting that if your casino payment is coming from your credit card or debit card rather than your actual PayPal balance there could be a fee incurred, depending on the agreement made between you and the bank.
Also, any transaction which involves a currency conversion will incur a fee. Paying in a currency which is different to your PayPal account’s currency will be met with a charge of between 0.4% and 7.4% of the transaction.
PayPal Transaction Limits
The transaction limits for the PayPal payment method vary quite considerably depending on which site you are playing at.
Generally, the largest amount you can deposit per day is around £5,000 which, really, should be more than enough. Minimum deposits are ordinarily £10 or £20.
Ultimately, though, each individual PayPal casino sets their own transaction limits.
PayPal Bonuses and Free Spins
For new players, a welcome deposit bonus is very common. This will usually involve a matched minimum deposit bonus of a certain percentage up to a certain amount.
However, it must be noted that there is a problem with PayPal payment methods, which we alluded to before. Unfortunately, it is common for PayPal deposits to not be eligible for bonuses and particularly the welcome bonus.
Still, you might be in luck with random bonuses which offer free spins. It is more likely that free spins bonuses will accept PayPal payments for these bonuses.
We encourage you to read the full terms and conditions of casino bonuses. These terms should point out whether PayPal casino deposits are excluded from the bonus.
If it is not clear, just get in touch with the customer support team at the casino site and ask them directly.
PayPal – A Fine Choice
We hope this comprehensive casino guide has provided you with all the information you needed. Casinos which offer PayPal are ubiquitous in the market and we are very fond of them. We encourage any gambler to at least consider using PayPal for their casino dealings.
PayPal certainly has competition in the modern-day online gambling market. Still, the reliability, security and simplicity of PayPal casino is hard to beat. If you agree, the only thing left to do is to select a suitable casino.